Tuesday, April 24, 2012

No Ado about Much

I haven't posted in awhile ~
I have had to mentally remove myself and surround myself with things/people that make me happy.
While I don't think bottling pent up emotional "yuck" (as I call it) is good,
I don't believe that soaking in my worries is good either.
I can't control this.
At this point in the process, there is nothing I can control.
So I might as well quit fighting so hard against it to FIND control.
*hands in the air* 
I surrender.

I haven't bought a single thing for the nursery during this time.
I have also kept the nursery door closed.
I didn't realize that constantly bringing even the smallest thought to the forefront of my mind changes my demeanor in a negative way. 

During this time, I spent a much needed day at the lake with my family,
I have caught up on my homework and other things around the house,
I have even tried new recipes (I normally loathe cooking) I have found on Pinterest (one of my favorite ways to waste time btw)
Here is one of my latest creations

Move over Martha....You too Betty  ;) And yes my baked asparagus rocked, even N ate 3 pieces, and that kiddo is hard to please!

B also got this fantastic picture that I really heart at the lake the other day


Isn't it cool? Hallmark don't you think so too?


And there's N's pup Daisy Doodle who likes to lick the water out of our shower *Gross I know* but she's super cute anyway so I've got to add her despite her odd doggie cravings for hard water and soap scum ;)

*Sigh* So----- there are 2 birthmothers right now we are pretty interested in. We should find out gender and health histories hopefully next week.

I'm trying not to think about it.
Still trying.
Lord, please give me strength.

~heather

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful photo B took! And our dogs like to lick the shower too. ~shudder~

    Keep your chin up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the hardest things I've done in my life~I'm hanging in there tho =) thanks Amy

      Delete
  2. Stumbled across your blog today. Worry worry worry and wallowing in the "yuck." I can so relate. Good for you for turning your mind to the present, and surrendering those thoughts.

    Much love!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm struggling but hanging in there. Please keep in touch, I am hoping the day will come soon where all the pieces come together, our worries just fade away, and our baby is in our arms. Thank you Rose =) Please keep praying!

      Delete