Monday, February 13, 2012

When Cupid Strikes

So I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day.
I may quite possibly be the only woman in this world who actually cringes and rolls her eyes at first mention of the holiday.

Ok... so I'm not the only one.
I do dread those jewelry commercials however. 
~ major eye rolling paired with upper lip twist ~
Seriously~ugh, gag me with a spork.

But my hubs is good to me and *on his own will mind you* decides to participates in the celebration of the day.
What a good hubs.

After 10 years however, he knows NOT to get me something on the actual day.
Too traditional - Bleck.
I'm a rebel.

So he comes home tonight with these
Purple and Pink~Which I do heart. Bunches!
No roses, ugh, no way!
*and he also got N a pink flower,----Ahhh*

Flowers is about all of the holiday tradition I can accept for this day.
No chocolates, no jewelry, no big stuffed stupid bear
I am a rebel remember?

So he gave me something else I really do heart. 
And this is for real....
Simplistic, yet can actually make my day go a little smoother.

Yeppers, a cordless mouse.
AND it's purple. *Score!*

Now some of you may think, "Gosh how boring and lame-o of a Valentine gift!"
*Tisk--Tisk* Not true.
Let me tell you why.


I have been complaining about the stupid cord on my mouse forever.
It is too short and my computer only has a site for it to be plugged in on the left side.
Since I am not a lefty, it is constantly being drug through my homework and in my way.
GRRRRR! Annoying.
And because I would rather complain than fix this persistent problem
it continued to be....well...a nuisance.

Thus, a present was chosen not out of randomness, nor hastiness, nor tradition
But instead, out of thought.
And possibly to shut me up but hey, this is Valentine's.
It HAD to be chosen strictly out of L.O.V.E. ;)


Any plans for the big Heart Day?
Have a wonderful Non-Traditional Valentine's Day!

~heather

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I think these kind of thoughtful, personal gifts are the very most romantic! Happy V Day!

    ReplyDelete