Saturday, February 4, 2012

Trusting Punxsutawney

First...kids have no concept of a lazy Saturday morning,
Second...when you feel kinda down buy something shiny,
and Third going from nearly 70 degrees for a few days to 30's and snow flurries is nothing but a mean tease.

N woke up today at 6:36 A.M. 
A complete injustice to Saturday mornings and the laziness they should provide. Yes? Yes!
Which totally reminds me of something else,
B came home the other day drinking this
Word.
Anyone who is anyone has watched The Simpsons at one time or another and knows the connection to the show--
Only since B was coming home from work I'm glad it was in Energy drink form and not made out of malted barley, yeast, and hops like Homer! D'oh!
I'm trying very hard to get B OFF his addiction of energy drinks....
it has been difficult to say the least.
I blame the 2 years he had to work the overnight shift when he first became manager.
Overnight shifts are HELL.
My heart will always goes out to those working it and their families.

Well.............It's been a few days and I haven't heard anything new about the adoption.
*Sad face*
So, when you feel kinda down--buy something shiny. Yes? Yes!

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.
And I paired a coupon with a good sale so I could justify getting this too...
A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. #2
I must have been in a cute booties kind of mood. I totally love this color (and I'm not normally a yellow-hued type of gal) and it's shiny. Why does this theory work? 
What am I like a raccoon or something? geesh.
I will admit my feelings of disappointment lingering back when I actually had to dust her bookshelf to put this up. ~grumbly whine~

Patience. Patience? Oh yeah, Patience.

And while I thought Phil the groundhog was just another over-sized squirrel, I think that darn rodent may be right.
Here I am digging out my sandals, and helping N find her shorts
all the while thinking of...
 And tonight it started to snow. Oh well, I'm not trusting a rodent named Punxsutawney. I like my sandals too much. =)

1 comment:

  1. That rodent is a total jerk! I've got spring fever something SERIOUS. More yucky weather tomorrow. :(

    ReplyDelete